Make a delicious fruit snack or dessert for your kids in less than 5 minutes. No mixing, no cooking and super healthy! These blueberry pies are easy to assemble and serve using whole wheat bread and berries.
- 2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/2 Cup of Small Blueberries (or other cut up or small berries or cooked apples)
- 1/4 tsp low-fat butter
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon & Sugar
- Sandwich Crimper
- To Make these No Fuss, Mini Blueberry Dessert Pies, lightly toast 2 pieces of whole wheat bread.
- Lightly butter one of the pieces of toast and lightly sprinkle cinnamon and sugar onto it.
- Next, press down the middle of one of the pieces of bread.
- Now place the blueberries (or other berries) in the center of the pushed down slice of bread.
- Place the cinnamon and sugar piece of bread over top of the berries.
- Lightly press the sandwich crimper onto the top of the bread to make a light indentation.
- Cut a cross in the middle of the top.
- Now press down the sandwich crimper to make a sealed sandwich round.
- Serve with a little ice cream or whipped cream.
Optional: If desired warm, transfer the mini pie to a toaster oven pan or baking sheet. Toast in a toaster oven until warm (approx. 3 min) or bake for 5 min at 350.