Kids love arts and crafts and this is an easy craft for even young children. This is a great 4th of July craft for kids. Using just drinking straws and possibly beads, kids can make a bracelet and necklace for themselves or for a gift. It's a fun dressup accessory. For more dressup projects.
- Red and Blue drinking straws
- White beads or white drinking straws
- Elastic string
- Cut drinking straws into small pieces about 1/2 inches long.
- Cut a piece of elastic about 3 inches longer the the circumference of the child's wrist.
- String straw beads (and other beads if using) in a red, white and blue pattern.
- Tie off end securely, leaving a short tail so end doesn't unravel. To secure knot you can add a dab of glue.