Make a milk carton into a Birdhouse or a BirdFeeder. The size of the opening will determine if it is suitable for a feeder or house. This is an easy craft for kids.
- Milk carton, any size.
- Dowel or pencil for perch
- Acrylic paint / brush
- String or wire for hanging
- Wash and dry selected milk carton.
- Staple top shut.
- If making a "house" cut the hole only 1 - 11/2 " wide on one side only. If making a feeder, make a hole that is about 21/2 " wide or cut a square hole (make hole on both sides).
- Make a tiny hole, on both sides, to slide perch into.
- Paint birdhouse / feeder and then decorate with paint or sticky back foam. (* for good paint adhesion, if you are concerned about a lasting project, paint carton with gesso first, so paint will adhere to carton well.)
- Attach a wire or string to hang birdhouse/ feeder.