Kids will love making this string of Stars to hang outside for a picnic or patriotic get-together. This is a great preschool craft for the 4th of July.
- Construction paper
- Cardboard to make a template
- Pencil or pen
- Yarn or string
- Tape or stapler
- Print Star patterns and choose which sizes you want to make.
- Cut out stars and then trace onto thin cardboard. Cut out. This will be your template.
- Trace cardboard template onto construction paper, using red, white and blue colors.
- Cut out Stars.
- Decide where you might want to hang your garland and then cut a piece of yarn or string long enough so that it can be tied to branches or some other place you choose.
- You can attach your stars one of several ways. Lay the stars down on the table in the pattern you want (red, white, blue etc.) and then lay the yarn/string along the top section of the stars and tape into place. OR You can staple the tops of the stars onto the yarn/string. A third choice is to use a hole punch and puch holes on both sides of the star and then just lace the yarn/string through. (use the same method each time however, "up through the bottom, down through the top")