Kids will love making this fun Valentine's Day project. This little Love Bug has a pocket that will store all of their Valentine cards.
- Red and black poster board
- Pre-cut letters and shapes
- Poster Markers
- Glitter Glue
- Large red pom-poms (2)
- Black and red pipe cleaners
- Draw a large circle on black poster board by tracing a circular household item such as a large bowl.
- Cut out this circle and trace it onto red poster board. Cut out the red circle.
- Cut a smaller circle out of black poster board. Glue this circle to the larger black circle to create your bug’s body.
- Lay the red circle on top of the large black circle and attach the two pieces together on the sides ¾ of the way around, leaving an opening at the top. This will form a pocket.
- Draw a line down the center of your bug and go over it with a marker.
- Cut a triangle shape out of black poster board and glue it to the bottom of your bug.
- Glue pre-cut letters and shapes to your bug to make it unique. Then, accent them with glitter glue around the edges.
- Finally, add red pipe cleaners to your bug to make legs and black pipe cleaners with red pom-poms to make antennae.
For information on where to purchase the products needed for this activity and for even more great projects ideas, be sure to visit www.artskills.com.