This is a Fun Fossil Making activity that kids have a great time doing. Half of the fun is collecting the nature things to make into fossils.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cold Coffee
- 1 cup Coffee Grounds (used)
- 1/2 cup salt
- Collect: Twigs, Leaves, Shells, Tiny bones
- First, have the kids go outside and search for treasures to make into their Fossils. Good things to use are twigs, leaves, shells, tiny bones, hard-shelled bugs.
- Next, measure all ingredients and put into a bowl. Stir well. If the mixture seems a little too moist (it should resemble a dlough consistency), add a little more flour. Knead until smooth.
- Work the dough into smooth balls and then flatten on a piece of waxed paper.
- Press objects into the clay, using one or more of the collected items. Remind kids to share. Allow all fossils to dry thoroughly before removing from the waxed paper.
- These are fun fossils for kids to display on a dresser or shelf.