If you're like me, I can never find a small little gift box when I need one. Yes, sometimes I save little jewelry boxes but sometimes I want the box to be a bit more creative. Enter the little paper tube boxes. We had so much fun creativing these and they really only take a few minutes to make.
You can either paint your little boxes or glue some paper or stickers to the fronts. Add a bit of glitter or draw a little image. You can even leave the "caardboard look" of the tube and just add ribbon or tie with pipe cleaners.
These are the perfect little giftboxes for earrings, a necklace or any small treasure. This is a great little box that even kids can make for tiny Christmas presents.
What You Need:
- Paper tube
- Paint or paper /glue
- Ribbon/ pipe cleaner
What to Do:
- Gently press down on the tube so it is almost flat, but try not to smash to edges. Cut tube into desired length. Ours vary from 3.5 to 5 inches long.
- Press one side of end toward the center, as shown. then press the opposite side down, which will make a closure. Repeat with other end. You now have a little box.
- If painting, paint all outside surfaces and let dry thoroughly.
- If decorating with paper, just glue a strip around the center area or do a small drawing or even little patterns, making stars, circles or whatever.
- Once you have put your small gift into the box, wrapped in a bit of tissue paper, close the end.
- Tie with a glittery pipe cleaner or a ribbon. If you are not tying around the "ends" then add a tiny piece of clear tape to secure the package.
Copyright 2014 Sharon Pierce McCullough for ZiggityZoom.com