Recycle, recycle, recycle. We save lots of interesting boxes, bottles and lids for upcoming projects and craft projects we haven't even imagined yet. This fun Tic Tac Toe game was just waiting to be made using lots of the little lids we have been collecting.
This is a super simple craft for kids and one they can keep in their room for anytime play or just pop into their bag to the beach or park. All you need to complete the project is some heavy cardboard or a flat tile, plastic lids and some paint. Viola! Then you will have a cute game for play.
What You Need:
- 6x6 inch cardboard or tile
- 10 plastic lids
- Acrylic paint/ brush
- Black marker
- Ruler / pencil
- Small container or cloth bag (optional)
What to Do:
- Measure board into 9 squares, making lines with the ruler. If you have a 6 inch square, your boxes will be 2x2 inches.
- Paint squares as desired. Lots of options here ... you can paint all squares a different color, alternating colors like a checkerboard or just paint every other square. Kids will have fun making their own color decisions. Let dry.
- Paint 5 of the lids one color and the other 5 another color. When completely dry, make Xs on one set of lids and then make Os on the other set of lids.
- If available, keep the playing pieces in a small plastic container of cloth bag. You can even use a small sock as a bag and close with a tie or rubberband.
Copyright 2014 Sharon Pierce McCullough