It comes but once a year ... Father's Day. It's such a great time to celebrate with dads since it occurs during the warm months and kids are getting out of school. There are so many outdoor activities that dads like to do, so it shouldn't be too hard to think of what to do with dad. But in case you need some ideas, we have a few thoughts on what to do for Father's Day.
- Go to the beach, lake or river. Play beachy games with dad, go on a scavenger hunt for natural materials, like shells or rocks.
- Go camping. Lots of dads like to camp and this is the perfect weekend to do it. Even if you can't go to a campground, pitch the tent in the backyard and do breakfast and dinner on the grill or make a campfire if you have a fire pit.
- Go for a hike and go geo-caching. If dad is a hiker, he will enjoy this especially since yiou came up with the idea.
- Have a picnic at the park. Make dads favorite food and pack a picnic lunch. Get dad a kite and help him fly it.
- Go for a bike ride. If dad likes to bike, suggest a ride that the family can do together.
- Walk to get ice cream. What dad doesn't like ice cream? Walking there will make it more of a family event.
Whatever you do, remember to let dad know how much everyone appreciates him and all that he does for the family.