- Fabric Markers
- Soft cotton cording or heavy cotton string
- Fabric glue
- Polyfill stuffing -1 bag per "buddy"
- Wash and iron pillowcase.
- Insert a piece of cardboard or something similar into the pillowcase so that the markers will not bleed through.
- Using fabric markers, first draw the inside area of the ears (corners of pillowcase at seam) and then color area in.
- Draw eyes of animal or monster about 8-9 inches from the top of the pillowcase.
- Finish drawing the remainder of the face and color as desired. This is all a matter of preference. Your child may want to draw everything by himself. Just try to give a little guidance.
- Let colored areas dry. When dry, turn pillowcase inside out. Insert cardboard again and iron the marker area so that the heat can set the colors.
- Turn pillowcase rightside out and then stuff ears. Tie off ears with a piece of cording/string and know well at back. Leave a short tail of string at both ends. Dab glue on knot to keep from coming undone. Let dry.
- Stuff your Bed Buddy and tie off neck with a length of cording/string. Knot well in back, also leaving a short tail of string at both ends. Dab with glue. Let glue dry on knots before trimming ends.
- OPTIONS: A. Instead of tying off neck, you may opt to trim excess material and stitch bottom of Bed Buddy.
- B. If your child would like arms and/or legs for their Bed Buddy, use 1 inch heavy cotton piping/cording to make arms and legs. Stitch into place.