- Rectangular Tissue box with oval opening
- Paint/ brush
- Glue or Glue gun
- 2 corks
- 1 matchbox
- Air-dry or bakeable clay / or large wooden bead
- Peel & Stick Glittery foam
- Shredded paper
- Enlarge the opening of the box, using scissors to cut an archway to the bottom edge, as shown.
- Paint the inside and outsides of the box and let dry thoroughly. We used a light yellow for the inside of the Nativity.
- Collect sticks for the top of the Nativity. Sticks should be cut to a length slightly longer than the length of the box for an overhang effect. Glue to the top of the box and let dry completely.
- Cut a large Star from the sticky back foam and attach to the front corner of the Nativity.
- Paint corks desired colors and let dry. Make heads from clay and let air dry or bake as instructed. We also made the baby shape from clay, using bakeable Sculpey clay. Let cool. Paint eyes on figures if desired. Use the head of a pin or nail to make small dots for eyes by diping end into paint and pressing to heads. Glue heads to cork bodies.
- We swaddled our baby with a strip of paper towel (you could use a strip of cloth also) and wrapped around the body of the baby, attaching securely with glue. Let dry.
- For the crib, use the inside section of a small matchbox. Attach 4 tiny twig legs with glue and let dry completely. Paint sides of crib.
- For straw, shred, or cut thin strips of paper and then crinkle for a straw effect.