Play this game in the car, at dinner or waiting in line at the store.
- Make it simple. Say "I spy something yellow, inside the car"
- Let kids take turns guessing.
- Let everyone take a turn saying "I spy" whether they have guessed correctly or not.
- Younger children will, of course, have to be given a little leeway.
- To help children learn to classify objects, include other parameters, such as, "I spy something red that is as big as my hand"
- This is a classic game that can keep kids from getting bored ... and everyone can play!"