- Colorful foam squares (10)
- Draw a simple template on paper or cardboard for a lily pad. Basically, this looks like a fat, rounded heart.
- Cut out template and draw onto foam sheets.
- Cut foam lily pads.
- With a marker, draw a fat number, from 1-10, onto each lily pad.
Play: Play by numbers or use blank sides and play by color. Place lily pads in numerical order, if playing by number. These should be a distance apart that makes it easy for your preschooler to hop from one lily pad to the next.
- Tell child to hop from Number 1 all the way to Number 10. If a child is just learning numbers, this is a great game to help learn numbers. Depending on the age of your child, younger children can hop on both feet and older children can hop on one foot, which will help develop good balance.
- If using colors, set up lily pads in any color sequence but announce the colors to hop to for your child. This is also a great learning aid when teaching colors.