- 9 x 12 inch felt rectangle, sold at most craft departments
- Glue, all purpose craft glue or fabric glue
- 1 yard of colored cord
- Buttons or beads for decoration
- Sticky Velcro dot
- Print pattern on paper and cut out.
- Lay pattern on felt piece and trace. You can alter the size to be smaller or larger, according to your preference.
- Cut out felt and fold at fold lines.
- Glue sides together and let dry.
- Fold top flap down and then cut a piece of felt to decorate the front of flap, if desired. Many options here. You can cut various shapes to achieve fun looks.
- Punch a small hole (can use hole puncher) at back of flap, where top of inside of purse begins. This should be about 1/3 inch from outside of felt so fabric does not tear.
- Insert cording through hole, from the back. Pull in about 2 inches and glue to inside of purse.
- Glue buttons or beads to outside of purse. Let dry thoroughly.
- Attach velcro dot as a closure under center of flap.