- Colorful drinking straws - we found ours at the grocery store.
- Elastic string
- Cut straws into pieces that are 1 inch or smaller. Pieces can be varying sizes, but should be at least 1/2 inch.
- Cut a piece of elastic string that is at least 6 inches longer than the child's head circumference.
- Tie the first straw "bead" on securely, about 3 inches from one end. Don't tie so tightly that you can't undo easily once all beads are strung. This will keep beads from falling off as your child makes her necklace.
- When beads are strung to 3 inches from the other end, tie both ends of string together tightly and now the necklace can be worn immediately.
* A fun party project ... quick & easy.
If boys want to make this it can be their Pirate necklace and a cardboard Skull & Bones can be added!