If you love cheesecake like I do, you are probably always comparing cheesecake to the best you've ever eaten ... every time. Some cheesecake is too dry, some just too plain. And although you can get almost any cheesecake lfavor imagineable, I still love a good plain cheesecake. But my standard is pretty high and every piece of cheesecake I've ever eaten is compared to cheesecake made with this recipe.
I love sourcream topping on my cheesecake and I admit, I'm disappointed if it doesn't have that topping. It brings the cheesecake down one notch right from the get go. So, this recipe, my all time favorite, has a sour cream topping. Yum. This is a creamy type cheesecake, so if you like a really dry cheesecake this might not be your fave, but it is delish.
Best Cheesecake Recipe
Ingredients for Crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 T. sugar
- 5 T. butter (melted)
Ingredients for Filling:
- 12 oz. cream cheese (for extra creamy, use 16 oz.)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for Topping:
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter.
- Press mixture firmly on the bottom and sides of a buttered 9 inch pie plate. Chill while mixing filling.
- Beat softened cream cheese and add sugar gradually.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add salt and vanilla.
- Pour into crumb crust and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15 minutes before adding topping.
- Mix topping ingredients and spread on top of cooled cheesecake.
- Bake at 450 degrees for only 5 minutes.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Sharon Pierce McCullough