One of our favorite times of the year is Halloween and we are now gearing up with fun Halloween craft projects and new fun Halloween foods and costumes. Be sure to check back with us often. Lots of fun to come!
Wonder what to do with discarded Creamer containers? Well, here you go! This super cute Halloween Cat candy container can be used to hold your Halloween candy corn and other candies. And how perfect for a special Halloween-themed gift. Make this Black Cat and fill with mini candies for your friends and relatives. Super easy to make.
- Creamer containers
- Gesso paint (helps paint stick to slippery surfaces)
- Black paint / brush
- Sticky-back foam sheets, black, assorted colors
- Wiggly eyes (optional)
- Remove printed casing from containers. Wash and dry containers thoroughly before painting.
- Paint all visible surfaces with a coat of gesso (this is available from craft stores and art suppy stores). Let dry.
- Repeat with second coat of gesso.
- Paint all surfaces with black paint. Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut 4 cat ears from black foam for each cat you make. Trim about 1/2 inch from the bottom of two of the ears. Remove backing and stick 2 ears together, using one full ear and one "trimmed" ear.
- Press the "sticky" end of the ear in place on the back of the container. Make sure lid can open with ear in place. Add second ear. To make ear attachment more secure, you can add a small amount of tacky white glue, or similar, to the area above the ear attachment.
- Cut out a nose and whiskers from foam and press into place, as shown. Glue wiggly eyes in place and let dry.
- Finish by adding a few foam, or painted polka dots, if desired. Fill with candy!
Sharon Pierce McCullough