Easy Wind Mobile to Make
Kids Arts & Crafts >
This is a fun project for a Summer day or for a group of kids for a camp project. Made from a twig, string and Metal washers, it is also an inexpensive project. Fun to watch in the breeze!
- Twig, 10-12 inches
- Fender Washers (4) 1 1/2" wide
- Streamers (made from Ribbon or craft Foam sheets)
What To Do:
- Find a twig that is about 10-12 inches long. Peel any loose bark from twig and rinse off any dirt.
- Tie a piece of string ( 18-20 " long) to both ends of the twig, to use as the hanging portion of your mobile. Tie a loop in the exact center section of the string.
- Cut 4 streamers that are 18" long. We cut thin streamers from craft foam. Loop into center of washer and tie off.
- Cut 4 pieces of string, 12-14" long, and tie one end of each to the twig, spacing equally apart.
- Attach Washers to string, tying securely. Alternate washers, so that one is higher, the next a little lower, etc. But be sure that washers are close enough in length so that they will bump into each other in the wind.
- Dab a little of the glue onto each knot that you have tied and let dry thoroughly. Trim ends of knots, leaving a tiny bit of a tail.
- Hang your Wind Mobile in a place where you can watch it and hear it.
More activities you might like: