Turtle Hop "chalk & pavement" game
"Get Up & Get Moving" Activities >
A fun variation of the Hop Scotch game. All the kids need is some chalk to have some outdoor fun with this Turtle hopping game. "Safe" areas make this an easy game for preschool kids to play while they get some exercise and fresh air.
What To Do:
- Draw a Turtle as shown. For young kids, only make the turtle body about 36" wide. Then draw the Head and 4 feet and also a tail. Feet and tail are safe areas.
- Draw a circle in the middle, which will be referred to as HOME. Now, make 10 spaces in the outside shell, with #1 starting next to the head.
- To Start, the first player stands on the Turtle Head. Player must hop, on one foot, landing in each space (from 1 to 10) and then can land on Home space with two feet. Player now hops back from 10 to 1 and onto the Turtle head to exit the game.
- If player hops all the way without stepping on a line, then that player get to claim a space and write their name in that space. No other player can land on that space for the rest of the game.
- Successive players can also use the Turtle legs and tail as safe spaces and stepping on those lines does not count.
- Players continue taking turns, skipping over the claimed spaces. Play continues until no one is able to reach HOme.
- Whoever earns the most spaces is the Winner.
More activities you might like: