Bunny Candy Container from Recyclables
Holiday Crafts > Easter
Easter craft project, family craft projects, rabbit craft, bunny craft, Easter craft, Family Easter craft
If you have ever wondered what to do with discarded Creamer containers, well here you go! These super cute Bunny candy containers can hold your Easter M&Ms or jelly beans. And how perfect for a special Easter gift. Make these little Bunnies and fill with mini candies for your firend sna relatives. Super easy to make.
- Creamer containers
- Gesso paint (helps paint stick to slippery surfaces)
- White paint / brush
- Sticky-back foam sheets, white and pastel colors
- Wiggly eyes (optional)
- Colored ribbon
What To Do:
- Remove printed casing from containers. Wash and dry containers thoroughly before painting.
- Paint all visible surfaces with a coat of gesso (this is available from craft stores and art suppy stores). Let dry.
- Repeat with second coat of gesso.
- Paint all surfaces with white paint. Let dry thoroughly.
- Cut 4 rabbit ears from white foam for each rabbit. Trim about 1/2 inch from the bottom of two of the ears. Remove backing and stick 2 ears together, using one full ear and one "trimmed" ear. Cut a thin "pink" ear to fit the top of your ear and press in place on white ear.
- Press the "sticky" end of the ear in place on the back of the container. Make sure lid can open with ear in place. Add second ear. To make ear attachment more secure, you can add a small amount of tacky white glue, or similar, to the area above the ear attachment.
- Cut out a nose and whiskers from foam and press into place, as shown. Glue wiggly eyes in place and let dry. Optionally, you can draw eyes with a marker.
- Finish by adding two coordinating pieces of ribbon around the rabbit's neck, leaving nice size streamers. Fill with candy!
More activities you might like: