A Halloween Spider to Eat
Holiday Crafts > Halloween
Halloween food recipes. Kids Halloween party ideas and fun foods. Easy Halloween foods.
NEW ! Halloween is the perfect time to eat spiders! Make this fun and easy Spider for the centerpiece at your Halloween Party. Spooky fun!
- Sourdough bread/ round shape
- Black Licorice sticks for Legs
- Edible Candy Eyes
- Melted Chocolate or chocolate frosting
- Heavy whipping cream, 6 oz.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Chocolate syrup, to taste
- Serve with assorted fresh fruits, Marshmallows, crackers
What To Do:
- Slice the top portion off of your bread round.
- Scoop out insides with a spoon or melon baller.
- Make eight holes, carefully, using a knife, spacing around the sides to accomodate the legs.
- Set spider body on a small inverted bowl to keep the spider elevated so legs will protrude downwards.
- Coat body with melted chocolate or frosting and let harden a bit.
- Add licorice legs and eyes.
- Whip cream with a hand mixer until thick. Add in sugar and vanilla and continue mixing. Add in a small amount of chocolate syrup, if desired, to taste. Ours had only a hint of chocolate.
- Fill spider body with dip and then serve with assorted fruits for dipping. Also good for party dipping: marchmallows, pretzels, crackers.
More activities you might like: