Kids Arts & Crafts >
This pirate castle is an easy & inexpensive recycle Preschool craft activity that boys will love to make. Just add a few plastic figures for additional fun.
- 4 toilet paper rolls
- Lightweight cardboard
- Black paint
- Glue or tape
- Pirate Stickers or print Pirate Stickers from "Printables" section
What To Do:
- Cut four pieces of cardboard, 31/2 in. x 51/2 in.
- 1/2 in. from both sides (sides are 31/2 in. high), cut a slit 21/4 in. long from bottom.
- Use one piece to cut an arched doorway, also from the bottom.
- For each tube, cut one slit 21/4 in. lengthwise, towards center. Then cut a second slit a quarter of the way around from first slit. (0 and 90 degree mark)
- Attach a tube to each side end by sliding the two pieces together where slit meet and push together.
- When attaching the final side, insert side into both tubes, simultaneously, and slowly push together.
- Cut a triangle or square flag, then cut a small slit halfway up the side of the flag and slide onto the straw "flagpole".
- Paint castle and flag. When dry, attach flagpole to inside of tower with glue or tape.
- When completely dry, attach stickers.
More activities you might like: