Go Dinosaur Go
- Players: 2-4
- Ages: 4 and up
OBJECT: Get your dinosaur around the circle and back home first.
- Paper or printable magnetic sheet
- 8x8 in. sheet of thin cardboard or poster board
- one game die
- Four small pieces of colored construction paper (5/8 in. x 2.5 in.) OR white paper & markers
- Print gameboard on paper or a printable magnetic sheet.
- Cut out and glue printed board to a piece of thin cardboard the same size as gameboard. (the back of a lined tablet works well)
- To make game playing pieces, use small pieces of construction paper or paper colored with markers. Roll each piece, individually, around a marker or pen and tape ends.
- Place playing pieces on chosen dinosaur.
- Roll die to determine who starts first. Highest roll goes first.
- Player 1 rolls the die and moves the corresponding number of spaces.
- Each player must go around the circle one full circle before they can return home.
- Once a player has gone around the circle (once), they can try to get back home, but they must land on their home circle (color circle that leads them back home) with a roll that lands them exactly on that space. Then they can proceed home, without an exact roll.
- Player can go back and forth in front of home circle until they can land on home circle.
- Player who gets home first is the Winner.
- * Optional game playing pieces:
- Orphan game pieces, discarded toothpaste caps or buttons. Remember that these are not suitable for children under age 3.
More games you might like: