- Cut a 1 inch slice of pound cake from the very center of the cake, so you will have a large slice. Lay this down on your plate for the body. Note that everything is laid out before icing begins.
- Cut two more slices, about 3/4 inch wide, one from each side of cake for large slices. Cut into tail feathers. We used only 6 but you could use 7 or 8. Set in place.
- Cut two legs, a little smaller than your tail feathers and then cut a round head, if you are not using candy/cookie for the head. Set these all in place.
- For ease of icing, although it is a little tricky, we iced each section individually on a piece of waxed paper ... removing carefully by placing a butter knife underneath and lifting up.
- Start with the body first. Move other sections off to side until they are iced. Attach each piece as soon as it is iced.
- Cut twizzers to fit tail feathers. We used two pieces per tail feather. Then add twizzlers to top of legs.
- Add candy corn as beak, attaching with icing. Attach eyes and gobbler.
- Pound Cake
- Chocolate Icing
- Rainbow Twizzlers
- Small Reese's peanut butter cup (or other candy or vanilla wafer for head) (optional)
- Candy Corn
- Orange M&Ms