Recycled Craft Activity
This is a fun craft project that kids can do at home or in school and it’s perfect for a home school art activity. Although it works well for any time of the year, it is a great Halloween craft project.
Other than paint, all the other needed materials used in the project are recycled.
- Recycled boxes, such as cracker box, tissue box, etc.
- Recycled egg cartons
- Card stock or construction paper
- Choose a box, then cut out a large opening for a big mouth.
- Paint box desired color and let dry thoroughly.
- Using a pencil, lightly draw the approximate size and shape of mouth opening onto the card stock. Now draw jagged teeth and a line that is about 1/2″ wider than the mouth opening, so this can be glued to the box.
- Cut through the center of your mouth opening so that you have an upper and lower set of teeth showing. Erase the first line of mouth opening so that you don’t accidentally cut on this line. Now cut out the two parts, for upper and lower sets of teeth.
- Glue teeth onto the inside of the box at the mouth opening.
- For the eyes, cut apart an egg carton, leaving two sections together for eyes.
- Paint eyes any desired color and let dry.
- Glue eyes in place, letting dry thoroughly.