Kids will have fun helping to make these elegant silver Reindeer for your mantle or to use as a centerpiece during the holidays. Made from gathered sticks they are a fun DIY craft activity.
- Assorted sticks
- Silver or metallic duct tape
- Silver spray paint
- Garden clippers
- After gathering the sticks, cut 1 body piece 6" long, 4 legs 9 " long, 1 V-shaped head-neck piece (neck 4" long and head section 2 " long.)
- Make antlers from small branches, cutting 2 lengths about 7-8" long.
- Using tape, connect legs to front and back of body, twisting a thin strip of duct tape around each leg and the body several times to get a good joint.
- Connect head/neck section, repeating the taping process.
- Add antlers, one at a time, fastening well with the tape.
- Spray reindeer and let dry completely.
- You may even want to make a herd of reindeer, varying sizes, for a stunning centerpiece.