Favorite Ginger Cookie Recipe
Over the years we have played around with ginger cookie recipes. And even though we really like crispy ginger cookies, which seem to be the standard, we wanted chewy. After many experiments, we have come up with the yummiest and chewiest ginger cookie! We hope you’ll agree.
We love these cookies because they are nutritious, easy to make and gluten-free. It’s a great healthy snack.
Chewy Ginger Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups Almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar/ brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 6 Tbsp. molasses
- 6 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients well.
- Melt coconut oil in a small pan until liquid. In summer, your oil will already be liquid so you can skip this step then.
- Measure 6 tablespoons of the oil into a separate bowl. Add in the molasses and vanilla.
- Slowly add wet ingredients into the dry mixture until it is evenly mixed.
- Using a small teaspoon to scoop mixture, form 1″ balls and place on a cookie sheet. Mixture will be greasy.
- Bake at 350 for exactly 8 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing cookies from cookie sheet.
- Makes approximately 30 – 36 cookies, depending on size.
Store cookies in an airtight container once completely cool. Enjoy!