Snowmen are wonderful to make the winter days be more cheery. And we love snowmen for a fun holiday theme. So you can imagine how happy we were to find a quick and easy Snowman craft that is both functional and fun.
This snowman mug is perfect for giving as a gift, but it is also a nice little mug to make for each of your family memebers. You can add a name at the top or bottom of the Snowman face to personalize each mug. We know these little mugs are popular on pinterest but we just had to try our own. We also did a little research, and trial and error, to find out how to make the snowman mug more durable once you have created one.
Tip number one is to use a Sharpie paint marker, rather than a regular sharpie marker, if you want a permanent design. The Sharpie paint markers are oil-based so they will be more permanent. Another excellent option is the DecoArt glass paint marker. For the mug, choose a plain white one with a smooth overall surface. We found ours at the Dollar Store.
What You Need:
- White mug
- Sharpie Paint Markers (Black & Orange)
What to Do:
- Wash and dry mug thoroughly.
- Draw you snowman face onto the mugs and let dry. You can paint the nose pointing up or pointing down.
- Bake the mug in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Note ... for a longer lasting, fresh-looking design, we suggest hand washing.