DIY Christmas Ornaments
Imagine how happy we were to find little rustic wood disks to create our own adorable ornaments. You can come up with your own fun designs or make the penguin, snowman, reindeer and tree designs we created just for you.
These rustic little Christmas ornaments are super easy and quick to make. It’s a fun DIY project that even the kids can help make. Perfect for giving as gifts for friends or teachers, the ornaments can be personalized with a name or saying like “Believe”.
Everything you need for this project can be found at any craft shop such as Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
What You Need:
- Wood slices (approx 3″)
- Jute twine
- Acrylic paints
- Small brush
- Glue Gun
- Black Fine line permanent marker
What to Do:
- With pencil, sketch design onto the wood disk.
- Select paint color and, using a small brush, paint areas inside your pencil lines.
- Once dry, draw details and outside lines with the permanent marker.
- To make snowflakes, dip the end of your small brush into white paint and dab dots around your main design.
- To finish, cut a 6 inch length of twine for each ornament. Tie a knot about 3/4 inch from the twine ends.
- Using glue gun, glue twine ends (below the knot) to the back of the ornament.