Whenever we have guests for dinner, whether it’s family or friends, I like to make little party favors. These little owls were a spur of the moment idea and they turned out really cute. Although you could turn this same idea into many different themes for other seasons of the year. But the little owls work well for any fall, Halloween or Thanksgiving party or dinner.
Just like I did, you can make these adorable owl party favors quite quickly to add a fun and festive touch to your table setting. It’s an easy craft project that the whole family can enjoy, even the youngest of kids. We think they are so cute that we are going to use these as Thanksgiving favors at our family dinner table.
All you really need to make these little owls are a few paper towel tubes, some paint and some treats to fill them. If you want, you can even add little feet using pipe cleaners. We plan to use ours just set on top of the napkins which we will place on the plates. The owls would be just as cute if they were displayed in a group in a low bowl. Then each guest can take their little owl when it’s treat time.
What You Need:
- Paper towel tubes
- Black permanent marker
What to Do:
- Cut paper tubes into 3.5 to 4 inch lengths. They can all be the same size or vary.
- Press each section flat, then fold the edges in, just pressing on the center area. This will give you two pointy ears on the sides. edges will overlap just a bit.
- Paint the front and backs and let dry thoroughly.
- Paint large white eyes and let dry.
- Paint eyeballs and beak using the marker.
- Fill with nuts or candies and place at each table setting.