Our own original Bunny eggs are a special treat for Easter brunch or just a fun snack. This is a simple recipe and the kids can help make their own bunny egg. A fun Easter recipe.
- Hardboiled eggs
- Carrots for ears
- Snap peas for nose
- Cabbage for tail
- Cheese for eyes
- Hardboil eggs and let cool.
- Remove shells.
- If your bunnies will not be presented in an egg dish, then cut a very thin slice from the bottom of the egg (lengthwise) so egg will not roll around.
- Cut thin carrot slices and shape into rabbit ears with a knife, making sure one end is very pointy.
- Insert pointy ends into egg for ears.
- Cut off tip of snap pea for nose.
- Push the pointed end into the front end of the egg.
- Make a small round tail from a white piece of cabbage, once again making a pointed end to push into the back of the egg.
- For eyes, cut two small little circles, using a small straw as a cutter, from your slice of cheese.
- Make sure the egg is not wet when you set the cheese eyes in place or they may slide out of place
- Other veggies may be substituted for the nose and tail.
Kristin Fitch & Sharon Pierce McCullough