- T paper tube or paper towel tube
- Paint/ brush
- Sticky-back foam or construction paper
- Using scissors, make a slit down the length of the tube, STOPPING about an inch from the bottom.
- Now, from both sides, cut “around” the tube (at the inch mark) … leaving the center back in tact. See photo.
- Gently spread back and sketch bunny, as shown. Cut out bunny shape, making sure bottom band is connected and in tact. This will hold the egg.
- Paint entire egg holder and let dry.
- Cut Bunny nose and bowtie from sticky-back foam or construction paper. Attach. For paper, apply a small dab of glue.
- Make bunny eyes with pen or marker.
- Test an egg in holder to see if you need to remove a small sliver of the front “band” that will hold the egg. If so, cut away any excess prior to adding ribbon. Cut a length of ribbon that will go around the top of the “egg holder” as shown. Apply a few drops of glue and press into place. Let dry.
Sharon Pierce McCullough