Roasted Crunchy Chickpea Appetizer
- Kids love crunchy foods so why not serve them a healthy, satisfying, crunchy snack Thanksgiving Day. Roasted Chickpeas are a fun and crunchy snack and, when seasoned right, a yummy, protein snack or appetizer. With a nutty flavor, kids love these for a snack. If these don’t hit the spot, try serving your kids a variety of dried fruits and nuts in a cute cup or dish during the day.
- Kids can help: Spread the chickpeas on the pan, place snack into containers once cooled.
- What you need:
- 1 Can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- Olive oil
- Drain chickpeas and pat dry with a paper towel. In a bowl, toss chickpeas with a drizzle of olive oil and a little salt. Spray baking sheet with non-fat olive oil spray and then spread chickpeas on pan. Roast on 400 for approximately 30 minutes. Toss about every 10 minutes to prevent burning. Let cool. Chickpeas will get crunchy upon cooling.
- Helpful notes: Try sprinkling a favorite seasoning on the roasted chickpeas or try salt and paprika or sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar as they come out of the oven.
Copyright ZiggityZoom Living- Kristin Fitch