In case you haven’t noticed … we love all the things you can make using inexpensive pool noodles. We purchase our foam noodles from the Dollar Store so they are the perfect go-to material when making something fun for the kids to do. Pool noodle crafts are great for outdoor summer fun games and activities and here at ZiggityZoom … we are all about family fun!
We made this simple Water Sprinkler in a few minutes and the kids were delighted. You can either just lay it in the grass or hang it from a swing set or some similar high spot.
What You Need:
- Foam pool noodle
- Duct Tape
- Skewer or Ice Pick
What to Do:
- Puncture the pool noodle randomly around all sides of the noodle. The more holes, the better spray. Take note of the photo.
- Stuff one end with a small piece of foam or plastic cap, then duct tape the end securely.
- Decide where you would like to use the sprinkler. We tried it both on the ground and hanging from a swingset. The kids liked it both ways.
- Position your hose and then slide the end of the hose into the foam noodle, pushing it in a few inches so it holds securely.
- Turn on the hose and the fun will begin!
More Summer fun and games
Sharon Pierce McCullough and Kristin Fitch for ZiggityZoom.