Foam Bow and Arrow
Kids are really into archery and any fun activity that involves a bow and arrow. Since the Hunger Games introduction, the interest has really exploded. Here is a safe and easy bow and arrow to craft from pool noodles. The pool noodles we used were purchased from the Dollar Store and you only need two. It’s a great DIY Family craft you can make in minutes.
What You Need:
- 2 Pool noodles
- Sharp knife
- Wood skewer
What to Do:
- Using a sharp knife, (adult only) cut a noodle 28″ long for the bow.
- Cut a piece of string about 48″ long. Tape one end of the string to a skewer and then insert the skewer through one end of the “bow”, about an inch from the end of the noodle. Tie off that end.
- Repeat with the other end of the bow. Pull the string through to make a good arc that looks like the bow in our photo. String should be taunt. Tie off the end securely.
- Now, cut the other noodle in half lengthwise, with the knife. From each half, cut a thin arrow about 17″ long, making a pointed, arrow-shape at one end.
- Make a small V at the straight end of the arrow, for the arrow to rest on the string for shooting.