Kids will love having their soup served in their own individual little pumpkin. This is a
tasty, nutritious soup that provides a good source of fiber and Vitamin A. The apples and
apple juice sweeten and mellow the flavor to make it a kid favorite.
Kids can help: Scoop the seeds from the pumpkins. Help measure the liquid ingredients.
- 1 Mini pumpkin per person (for serving soup)
- 1 15 oz. Can pumpkin
- 1 ½ Cup chicken broth
- ½ Cup whipping cream
- 1/8 Cup apple juice
- ¼ Cup finely-diced white onion
- 1 Garlic clove, finely-diced
- 1 Tsp. olive oil
- 1 Finely-diced apple (use firm apple such as Golden Delicious)
- ½ Tsp. cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Mix all ingredients, fold into pan and cook on
- medium heat for approximately 15 minutes. Puree with a hand blender or food processor,
- then cook for an additional 15 minutes on low heat. Serve in pumpkins.
- Prepare pumpkins by, carefully, cutting the top from each pumpkin. Scoop insides from
- Helpful notes: * Garlic and onion may be omitted if you have a really “picky” eater.
- For a sweeter flavor use a sweeter apple and if serving to adults add pepper and a little
Copyright ZiggityZoom Living- Kristin Fitch